Updated November 1, 2019
Collection of Your Personal Information
In order to provide you with services offered on our Site, AskFranklin may collect personally identifiable information, such as your: First and Last Name, Mailing Address, E-mail Address, and Phone Number, Username and Password, Work and Educational History, and Photographs.
We collect billing and credit card information to complete a purchase transaction. We collect payment information via secure payment processing services we use to manage credit card processing and we do not store such information on our servers.
AskFranklin may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Site; protect and defend the rights or property of AskFranklin, and/or act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of AskFranklin, or the public.
Information We Automatically Collect
We also collect information automatically through our website and services. This can include information such as your IP address and domain domain name, your location from your IP address, your internet service provider, the date and time of your visit to the Website, your use of the Service during your session and over time, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the AskFranklin website, your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, and your software and hardware attributes.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
AskFranklin does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. AskFranklin may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, and provide customer support. We may share information with third parties, including personal information, for a variety of reasons, as described below but not limited to:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We use third-party service providers to help us manage and improve the services we provide. We provide these parties with only the information necessary to perform their services and work closely to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. We use third parties to help us manage our information systems, deliver marketing, and administrative communications, and manage our relationships with the people and companies that use our services.
- Other Users of the Services. We may share information, including personal information, with other users of the Services where appropriate. For example, if you submit information to us or complete an application, we may share that information with an Employer who will then review and evaluate your application.
- Business Partners. We may share your information, including personal information, with our business partners to fulfill your requests for services; complete a transaction that you initiate; or meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our business partners. For example, we share contact information and resume information directly with a third-party employer rather than through the website.
AskFranklin uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a webpage server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be ready by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our site.
Use of Your Personal Information
AskFranklin collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested. Occasionally, we may use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from AskFranklin and its affiliates. Examples of different ways we may use your information may include but not limited to:
- Provide our Services to you and other users;
- Evaluate and verify the credentials through screenings and reference checks;
- Responding to your requests or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate, including payment processing;
- Communicate with users through email newsletters and updates that we believe will be of interest to users;
- Post job notices;
- Analyze and research our services to improve user experiences;
- Engage in analytics or targeted advertising;
- For any other business purpose permitted by law.
As mentioned above, from time to time, AskFranklin may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from AskFranklin, you may opt-out of such communications by clicking on “unsubscribe” found in either the header or footer of the email.
AskFranklin’s website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of Your Personal Information
AskFranklin secures your personal information and data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. When personal information is entered on our site it is protected through the use of encryption, such as SSL Protocol or Secure Sockets Layer.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children Under Sixteen
AskFranklin does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of sixteen. If you are under the age of sixteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Access to Your Information
Depending on your location and applicable laws, you may have choices with respect to the handling of your personal information. You may have the right to: (a) access your personal information; (b) update your personal information; (c) withdraw your consent of your personal information; (d) request deletion of your personal information; and (e) make a complaint with us, or with a supervisory authority.
If you want to learn more about the personal information that AskFranklin has about you, or you would like to exercise your choices regarding your personal information, including updating your information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect, and we ask that you not send to us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information on or through our website. Such information includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, financial account information (except for payment information as required), and information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.
Changes to this Statement
How to Reach Us